Call NumberTR681 .M4 P59
Statement of ResponsibilityBob Mizer Foundation, Inc.
SummaryIn addition to small photos and pictorial works of nude and nearly nude men, the issues for November 1951-Feb. 1952 primarily contains information on ordering photographs and prints from various American physique photography and artist studios. Beginning with the August 1952 issue, the photos become larger with physical descriptions and biographical information about the male models and the ordering information is smaller and limited to background advertising. Male models are wearing posing straps or are strategically photographed so as to comply with United States postal service and federal regulations regarding obscenity and pornography. Beginning with <1970> issue, photographs of male full-frontal nudity are now included in each issue.
In 2017, publication was resumed by the Bob Mizer Foundation and commenced with Volume 42 showcasing the work of both vintage and modern photographers
Physical Description volumes : illustrations ; 19-21 cm
PublisherVolume 42- (Autumn 2017)-> [San Francisco, Calif.] : Bob Mizer Foundation
[Los Angeles, Calif.] : Athletic Model Guild], [1951-1990]
Volume 4, number 1 (March 1954): Los Angeles, California : Physique Pictorial
Volume 4, number 2 (June 1954): Los Angeles, California : Athletic Model Guild
Volume 4, number 3 (Fall 1954)-volume 5, number 1 (Spring 1955): Chicago, Illinois : Physique Pictorial
Volume 5, number 2 (Summer 1955) : Los Angeles, Calif. : Physique Pictorial
DistributorSan Francisco : Bob Mizer Foundation
- Published Quarterly
- Began with Volume 1, number 2 (November 1951)-
- None published 1991-2016.
- Volume 6 (1956) complete with three issues published (Winter 1956 issue not published).
- Vol. 8, no. 4 (Winter 1958) on cover mismarked inside as volume 8, number 8.
- Vol. 9, no. 1 (Spring 1959) on cover mismarked inside as volume 9, number 9.
- Vol. 12, no. 3 (Feb. 1963) mismarked on cover and inside as v. 13, no. 3.
- Vol. 15, no. 4 (Sept. 1966) mismarked on cover as v. 15, no. 3.
- Vol. 18 complete in one number.
- BMF Library has: